While walking through the perfume section of any store, perfume lovers find it hard to resist buying anything. However, sometimes the perfume that you are willing to purchase is expensive or might not be available too.
This brings you to create something on your own. Well, on this note we are here to assist you in how to make essential oil perfume.
There are a lot of fragrant essential oils that have been used in making essential oil perfume. Examples of these essential oil fragrances are rose, jasmine, sandalwood, neroli, patchouli, ylang-ylang, etc.
It is really easy and quick to make perfume by using essential oils. There are endless combinations of essential oils that can be used for making your own fragrance. Just keep a check on how many drops of essential oil you need to add to the carrier oil.
Also read: ways to Make Car Air Freshener
Table of Contents
How To Make Perfume Using Essential Oils
Making perfume from essential oils can take a bit of experimentation. Bringing your favorite fragrance from a perfume store can be expensive and sometimes you may also not get what you exactly want. Well, then creating your own perfume using essential oils is a great idea.
Equipment/ Tools And Ingredients
- Eyedropper in case your essential oil bottle doesn’t have it
- Pin or some sharp object
- Liquid measuring cup
- A small bottle of glass with a lid
- Carrier oil ( olive oil, grape seed oil, jojoba oil, etc.)
- Vitamin E tablets
- The essential oil of your own choice
Instructions For Making Perfume With Essential Oils
- Preparing the bottle: If you are using an old perfume glass bottle, clean it properly before using it. A glass bottle that can fit around 4 ounces of perfume is an ideal option.
- Adding the carrier oil: There are a number of options to choose your carrier oil from such as grape seed oil, olive oil, and jojoba oil. Take the carrier oil of your choice and add 2 to 3 ounces of it to the glass bottle.
You don’t have to take the measurements very precisely. However, keep in mind that using more carrier oil, you need to add more essential oil to it.
Check now: methods to Make Perfume From Flowers
- Adding the base note: Now, it’s time for you to add essential oil drops to create the base note of the fragrance. Some excellent essential oils to use as base notes are jasmine, cedarwood, rose, vanilla, lavender, and clove. Add approximately 15 drops of your base essential oil to the glass bottle.
- Adding the middle note: Middle notes are referred to as scents that appear a little while after you apply the fragrance. You have to use roughly 15 drops of this middle note essential oil. Examples of such essential oils are rosemary, Ylang Ylang, nutmeg, chamomile, juniper, lavender, etc.
You can also use geranium essential oil as your middle note. Check out WHAT DOES GERANIUM SMELL LIKE?
- Adding the top note: Top note refers to the fragrance that you smell right after applying your perfume. To add a top note, you can add essential oils such as lemon, grapefruit, spearmint, peppermint, orange, sage, and tea tree.
- Adding a fixative: Perfumes are incomplete without adding fixative, so as to preserve it and keep it fresh. A skin-friendly and effective fixative is Vitamin E tablets. You just have to stick some pin into the capsule and squeeze out the content into your perfume bottle.
- Shake: Place the lid on the perfume bottle, and shake the bottle to mix all the ingredients. If you make a number of bottles of perfume, adding ingredient labels outside your bottle will help you recognize the scent.
Best Essential Oils For Perfume
Essential oils are known for their numerous properties but their fragrance is something that captivates most people. The scent of various essential oils can make you replace your traditional perfumes, matching your mood as well as personality. Below is a list of some of the best essential oils for making perfume.
- Rose touch: The delicate and precious rose touch essential oil helps in adding plus points in uplifting your aroma. This essential oil will make you even more beautiful if you are in a romantic mood.
- Lavender: The floral and calming fragrance of lavender essential oil acts like a hug for the soul. Only one or two drops of this essential oil on your neck is enough to keep the aroma for the entire day.
- Neroli touch: Neroli oil is produced by the steam distillation of blossoms of the bitter orange tree. It has a sweet, citrusy, and floral aroma in it. Using neroli in perfume encourages the feeling of self-expression, love, and romance.
- Jasmine: The rare and delicate flower of jasmine has got some amazing sweet scents with uplifting properties. To take advantage of this fragrance, apply it to your temples, and stay positive your whole day.
- Ylang Ylang: This flower has been used for centuries in religious ceremonies, perfumes, aromatherapy, and wedding events. The essential oil that is produced from these blossoms is also very unique and versatile. Put a drop or two of Ylang Ylang oil on your wrist and get a calming and soothing feeling.
More here: Cologne That Attracts Females in real
To Sum It Up
You can use your DIY perfume right away. However, if you can let it stay for a couple of weeks, the oils will have time to blend well into each other. We hope that our blog helped you with how to make essential oil perfume. Comment down below and let us know your favorite essential oil perfume DIY.