Orange blossoms can be a bit confusing as an ingredient. It is a white-colored fragrant flower, blossoming on orange trees ( Citrus Sinensis). Orange blossom is a state flower of Florida, which is highly used in making orange blossom perfume.
Fragrance industries extract orange blossom from the white and fresh bitter-orange flowers. These oranges are much sourer than other varieties of oranges and hence, this same bitterness makes these oranges much more aromatic than others. Therefore these bitter oranges are to produce aromatic and beautiful materials in the fragrance industry.
Also read: What Does Vetiver Smell Like
Where We Can Find Orange Blossom Flower Or The Bitter-Orange Trees?
Citrus aurantium or better known as the bitter orange tree is widely grown in eastern Africa, the Himalayas, and the western parts of India.
Sour oranges were bought in St. Augustine in Florida in the mid-1500s. However, by the year 1763, Florida begin to export sour oranges to England and became the world’s largest producer of oranges.
What Does Orange Blossom Smell Like?
Orange blossoms are widely used in the perfumery industry. You can add this wonderful fragrance to any perfume and make it special. But if you haven’t used any orange blossom perfume, then you might be wondering what exactly it smells like, isn’t it?
Orange blossom has got a very deep and sweet fragrance that will strongly remind you of the heady scent of fresh flowers. The fragrance is very overwhelming and feels close to the fragrance of jasmine. Orange blossom extracts actually have some similar chemical components to jasmine such as Methyl anthranilate.
Best Orange Blossom Perfume
Orange blossom is not only a beautiful flower, but it also makes wonderful fragrance notes. Due to its aromatic, elegant, and sweet fragrance, it is favored by most brides on their wedding days.
If you are looking for some of the best orange blossom perfumes, then scroll down and check our list of favorite orange blossom fragrances.
Check now: Top Patchouli Perfumes That you Can buy
1. Penhaligon’s Orange Blossom Eau De Toilette:
- Penhaligon’s has revived its original orange blossom fragrance of 1976 in order to grab the modern audience. The new fragrance is transformed with bergamot, rose, cedar, Calabrian orange, and peach flowers. This is a very light and warm perfume, the perfect choice for orange blossom lovers.
2. Roberto Cavalli Eau DE Parfum FOR WOMEN
- This perfume can be worn in winter but is also a very unique option for a breezy and warm evening. You can detect the orange blossom in the first spray and it couldn’t get sweeter. In the beginning, the perfume gives a very sensual and luminous floral fragrance.
The perfume also includes faded jasmine and hidden tuberose that flatters the theme of orange blossom with a sweet combo of vanilla. This makes the perfume even more luxurious.
3. Jo Malone Orange Blossom Perfume
- Jo Malone orange blossom has got a beautiful scent of white flowers and citrus fruits. When you open the bottle, you will experience the sweet scent of orange, which is supported by some other citrus fruits as well. After the perfume dries down, you are left with the scent of clean florals and citruses.
Jo Malone orange blossom perfume is a fantastic fragrance for the spring and summer season. Due to its clean and refreshing scent, it fits perfectly with warm temperatures. You can wear it for casual as well as office days.
4. Jean-Paul Gaultier Classique
- Jean Paul’s Classique perfume is a unique perfume with a very sweet fragrance. It has got a unique floral oriental with star anise, warm amber, and vanilla undertones in it. The floral scent includes additional accents of rose, iris, and tuberose. Classique orange blossom also contains woods and musk in it.
5. Nikos Sculpture
- Nikos sculpture is a wonderful scent with a happy and fresh fragrance. With the first spray of this perfume, you will detect a bunch of citruses which are supported by a bunch of flowers. Orange blossom adds an even more lively scent to this perfume. When dried down, it becomes sweeter and a little creamy as well.
More here: Luxury Perfume Brands For Girls
The best part of this fragrance is that it is extremely affordable. So, you don’t have to spend a lot on getting a good fragrance of orange blossoms. You can wear this perfume in warm temperatures due to its fresh and lively fragrance.
6. Christian Dior J’adore In Joy
- Calling J’Adore in Joy an orange blossom composition isn’t wrong because it plays an important role in this perfume. This launch is quite popular due to its peculiar salty accord which is different from other sticky-sweet editions.
However, the main ingredient i.e. the orange blossoms plays an important role in a bridge between the sea salt and the jasmine. It helps in linking these two white layers and mixes them well. In the beginning, you will experience a dense and rich aroma, and then starchy shades towards the end.
With their fresh and clean fragrances, orange blossom perfume will not go wrong during any time of the year. I would highly recommend the above-mentioned orange blossom perfume for those who are willing to explore this range.
Leave a comment and tell us your favorite orange blossom perfume!