The frankincense with myrrh is one of the best connections known for spirituality. In fact, it has been used in multiple religious rites and is usually traded in the Arabian Peninsula, eastern Mediterranean, and Mesopotamia for more than 6,000 years.
We’ve amazed by the miraculous demand, and most of us might be wondering what does frankincense smells like? Before we head towards the traits and description regarding its fragrance, people must know what frankincense is and why it is so popular? Let’s reveal the mystery below without investing furthermore time.
What Does Frankincense Smell Like?
- Frankincense or Olibanum is considered as the aromatic resin which is harvested from the trees to genus Boswellia. There are 5 main species of trees present which are producing different types of frankincense scents and qualities.
- The best type of frankincense trees is rigid, and they are capable of thriving in surprisingly different and challenging environments. The species named “Boswellia sacra” sometimes even grow from the rock as well, which is insane.
- At 8 or 10 years of age, these trees begin to produce resin, and they quickly get tapped by slashing the bark approximately 2 or 3 times per year. The drips of the resins are known as tears; these can be sorted by hand quickly with more opaque resins, which are stated as the higher quality.
- Due to the over-harvesting for agriculture, clearing of woodlands, and longhorn beetle, the population of the frankincense trees is diminishing. Moreover, the smell of frankincense varies by species and soil, both and even due to climatic changes.
- Therefore, frankincense can be described as the aromatic, spice, and musty pine with citrus notes. It is an earthy and austere scent that can be described as similar to rosemary. The frankincense perfume oil is tending to have a brighter and sweeter scent compared to resins. This is what is exactly used in perfumery and incense.
What Is Frankincense Good For/Benefits Of It?
- We have discussed earlier that frankincense is used initially for spiritual and religious applications in aromatherapy. The frankincense oil smell can help people reduce anxiety, which can easily stimulate respiratory and immune systems.
- The frankincense perfume has an incredible smell that can be mixed with the citruses, aromatic pine, oriental spices smoky, rosemary and resins. Moreover, the essential oil made from it is a bit sweeter, and the perfumes and oils made from it can be easily found across the globe.
What Do Frankincense And Myrrh Smell Like?
Firstly we will shed light on how does frankincense smells; the frankincense is warm, sweet, and woodsy; on the other hand, myrrh is more earthy with the slight notes of licorice. If you are fond of Christmatic fragrance, then you should prefer to consider getting frankincense with myrrh.
What Does Frankincense Do?
According to frankincense incense meaning, a fragrant gum resin obtained from the Boswellia trees, which are present in southern coastal Arabia and Somalia. It is a vital incense resin that is being used in religious rites, embalming, and perfumery.
Moving on towards which frankincense is the best trait, well even though there’s no scientific evidence is present still frankincense can help people to used numerous health disorder. It can help patients who are suffering from swelling and pain along with multiple disorders.
Where Does DoTerra Frankincense Come From?
Most of you might be wondering what does frankincense oil smell like? The do TERRA’s frankincense essential oil is proprietary which can be stated as the perfect blend of four different species of frankincense resin. It is sourced from the Arabian Peninsula and northeast Africa.
What Does Frankincense Essential Oil Smell Like?
Earlier, we’ve got to know what is the difference between frankincense and myrrh? Now we are moving towards the pleasing and unforgettable fragrance of frankincense essential oil.
This is one of the best aromatic scents that you can conveniently get in the Boswellia tree’s notes of musty pine. Its fragrance is quite similar to rosemary, which is one of the most familiar fragrances.
What Does Frankincense Look Like?
If you pick up the finished product, you will notice the golden raisins or the fossilized popcorn. It is a small, slightly shiny, dried, and yellow globule that seems interesting. It has an interesting texture, making people more curious how come such a thing can be converted into the most pleasing smell.
The smell of frankincense deconstructed: –
Now we have got to know what does frankincense look like along with the fragrance; still, there is a lot more to learn about it. The frankincense smell can easily differ from one tree to another. Both myrrh and frankincense come from the same bark of the same tree, but they do have different aromas.
It entirely depends on their region of growth, climatic conditions, and the various frankincense types. According to some research, frankincense has a spicy, woody, and haunting smell that makes it different.
The frankincense has a scientific name which is “Boswellia sacra.” Moreover, the time of the harvesting is also having an influential smell and the perception of frankincense. On the other hand, there are several different types of frankincense present; we have explained some of them below. Take a look:-
- Boswellia Neglecta
- Boswellia Rival
- Boswellia Frerena
- Boswellia serrata
Numerous Boswellia species are growing in the Middle East in arid areas known for the incredibly high heat. The frankincense has been used in spirituality which is even having a description in the ‘Bible.’
The chemical formula of frankincense: –
The particular smell of frankincense is the perfect combination of compounds and factors which has been isolated yet. Since there are numerous different types of frankincense is present, the dominant compounds can be one of the following: –
- octanol acetate
- terpinene -4-ol
- octyl acetate
Learn how the frankincense fragrance is made: –
- The resin from the tree of frankincense is collected even in this era as well. The harvesters cut down the bark of the free, which will release the protective resin later on. After 2 or 3 weeks, the frankincense is ready to be collected.
- In order to harvest the oils and smell, the developers boil frankincense, and then they used to add the aroma to numerous perfumes or use it in the aromatherapy. Frankincense is massively used in the cosmetic industry, and it also has numerous health benefits. Some people burn it while praying, whereas others use it to relax.
- If you are one of those people who don’t want to invest in expensive incense perfumes, then they must try the frankincense perfumes. It has a pleasing smell which makes it different from others by widely increasing its demand.
The Final Words
We are here along with the cessation that states the frankincense is a remarkable fragrance that is having an incredible fan base. The users will be served with a wide variety of frankincense perfumes and essentials that are offering them with traits mentioned above.