The sandalwood is the story of the fragrant bark that’s native place is India’s Santalum trees which have enchanted the world. It is being used for thousands of years in Buddhist and Hindu religion in their essential rituals. We have probably got to know a little bit more about it, and now we are processing towards the answer to the question, what does sandalwood smell like?
The sandalwood fragrance is frequently used as the home fragrance, or it is the worthy base in numerous perfumes. The sandalwood smell is quite warm and relaxing as it contains the quality which has made it acquire global fame.
Let’s head towards the points mentioned below to learn more about sandalwood’s versatile quality and the reasons behind its international fame. Take a look here: –
How Would You Describe The Smell Of Sandalwood?
- We all know sandalwood is indeed a wood, and it is often enlisted in the category of its own traits. This is because it has unique characteristics, and sandalwood smells like manifestly exotic, creamy, sweet, warm, and smooth fragrance.
- It is a precious wood scent that can be easily recognized due to its explicit and fantastic fragrance. Once you get to know what sandalwood smell likes, then there’s no way you can forget it.
- The sandalwood is the best-smelling wood that adds nuance, complexity, and warmth that is often paired with multiple woody fragrances like rosewood, cedarwood, or many essential oils like vetiver, patchouli, and vanilla.
- All reading the points mentioned above, most of us probably wondering does sandalwood smell good? Indeed!! It smells so good and pleasant, and its unique fragrance is the reason behind its global popularity and increased demand.
- Rare people are aware that it is the crucial ingredient in various floral-amber or so-called floriental fragrance families. Well, most of us might be thinking, What scent goes well with sandalwood? The floriental or floral-amber fragrance families are usually combined with jasmine, orange blossom, magnolia, tuberose, or ylang-ylang.
- But for some reason, the woody-smelling perfumes contain masculine perfumes, i.e., for men, yet increasing in several women’s fragrances. It is the perfect base for various other scents. These traits show that the sandalwood is versatile and serves people with impressive outcomes with its versatility.
- Sandalwood perfume for women and men is the long-lasting and soft woody base for multiple fragrances in the oriental, Fougere, woody, and chypre families. In citrus or floral fragrances, sandalwood is usually considered as the fixative to enhance and improve the longevity of their more essential oils.
Where Does Sandalwood Come From?
- The sandalwood is being originated from the santalum tree album that is present in Southern India. An explicitly slow-growing tree must be at least 15 years old before it is considered perfect to harvest.
- Now the question arises why is sandalwood so expensive? Sandalwood is considered the second most expensive wood in the entire world. This is because the tree is not cut at the ground like the other woods but pulled down to its own roots, and it is processed to maximize profit.
- Sandalwood vs cedarwood scent has some same traits, but the sandalwood has been incredibly harvested in India. According to the current status, it is considered a threatened species. Even though sandalwood harvesting and increased and the government controls it.
- But still, there are some issues with illegal harvesting. Whereas, Indian sandalwood is still stated as a high-quality product, and it is one of the best smelling products. Usually, the sandalwood you see in the market is now coming from Nepal, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Pakistan, Australia, and Hawaii.
- Nowadays, the synthetic chemical fragrance named isobornyl cyclohexanol is used as the alternative to this natural product. Moving on, according to numerous rumors that the sandalwood smells like urine, but this is entirely wrong. It has a creamy soft, and warm fragrance that is pleasant and worth considering, making sandalwood gain worldwide popularity.
What Does Sandalwood Essential Oil Do?
The best sandalwood essential oil is the one that is serving the users with various health benefits that include weight loss as well.
With the help of such oil, the users can improve their intestine function and stomach, offering them a positive impact on the digestive system. Sandalwood oil contains numerous effective properties on the limbic system, which makes it worth considering.
What Does Sandalwood Essential Oil Smell Like?
The sandalwood oil smell is a deep, woody scent that usually smells like an ideal mixture of floral, rich, sweet, soft, and balsamic accents. Due to the incredible properties, it is often used as the base note in multiple iconic colognes and perfumes.
Does sandalwood smell like vanilla?
According to the spiritual meaning of smelling sandalwood, it is a scent that is believed by some order to transform an individual’s desires and perfectly maintain their alertness.
It is quite a popular scent that is offering the users incense to the guru and Buddha.
The sandalwood doesn’t smell like vanilla, which adds nuance, complexity, and warmth, paired with other woody fragrances like cedar, rosewood, and more.
People Also Ask The Following Questions: –
How Long Does Sandalwood SmellLast?
The sandalwood scent is one that is proficient in lasting for hours and serves the users with a pleasant and perfect aromatic aura. Moreover, they are capable of using sandalwood essential oils in diffusers and get a pleasant fragrance.
Usually, the perfume can last from 4 to 6 hours and even longer, entirely depending on the strength of the fragrance or scent.
Which One Is Better Sandalwood VS Cedarwood?
Sandalwood and cedarwood have the best essential oils for the skin due to the anti-inflammatory qualities and grounding aroma. Whereas, the flowering sandalwood trees are producing woody, smoky oil, which is slightly sweet. On the other hand, cedarwood oil has similar notes, and not all varieties are musky or sweet.
Is Sandalwood A Versatile Product?
Numerous people still aren’t aware that sandalwood is a versatile product as they are proficient in getting the easy availability of different products made with it. Moreover, the users will get essential oils, face packs, perfumes, scents, and more.
Which Is The Most Expensive Sandalwood?
The Indian sandalwood tree, aka Santalum album, is the most expensive wood on the planet. This is because it has therapeutic and cosmetic value; it has incredible demand across the world. The fragrant heartwood price is more than Rs. 10,000 per kilogram.
From the details elaborated above, we can easily conclude Sandalwood is an essential component in the fragrance industry. The experts love it because of its historical and spiritual connections, and indeed it is a phenomenal scent.
If you are willing to get various sandalwood like candles, face packs, perfumes, scents, essential oils, and more. We hope to compile each possible piece of information regarding the sandalwood and what does it smell like to help you acquire sufficient information about it.